Saturday, February 3, 2007

Love At First Sight

Just a little update to let everyone know how things are going. Addison is such a blessing and has enriched our lives more than words can even express. I have never really been one to believe in love at first sight. But, she is a true example of that. We have loved her since the first moment we laid eyes on her and that love grows each time I see her.
Yesterday was Addison's actual due date. I can't even imagine still being pregnant.
Addison was born at 7 lbs and when weighed this week she had gone down to 6 lbs 8oz. I guess that they can lose up to 10% of their birth weight. But, the midwife didn't want to risk her losing any more. So, we had to go to 2 hour feedings (all day and night!!). Well, I think I did nothing but feed the girl for three days straight. It was feed, change the diaper, grab a quick bite to eat and start all over again. Mmmmm...the joys of being a mommy. Well, she got weighed again on Thursday and had gone up to 6 lbs 12oz. WHEW!! We were allowed to go back to three hour feedings and demand at night. Mucho Bueno!! I can actually sleep a little!!
I don't want to push my luck. But, so far things have been fantastic!! She is calm and content. I think it is because she knows she just fits into our lives perfectly.

1 comment:

Tina.S said...

wow, i could imagine. it must be so serial. Having that little person around. I can't explian how happy i am for you!. I wish you all the luck in the world.

- Tina Salomone