Thursday, January 10, 2008

Daycare Sucks!! (For mom anyways!)

Well, it has begun. Daycare that is. Addison went to daycare for the first time today. Ok. It was just 1/2 the day. But that was long enough for me. I think that leaving my baby with someone else is one of the hardest things that I have had to do.
We have a wonderful daycare provider who loves Addison to pieces. And, well, Addison absolutely loves being there playing with the other kids. It seems to be mom(me) that is having the hardest time with the whole thing.
I really thought the process would be a lot easier. I have spent the last four months dying to have a day to myself. Mmmm...a day shopping, hanging with friends, maybe a movie. All of that without the worry of diapers, feeding, naps, etc. Now it is a different story.
I carried Addison with me everywhere during the nine months I was pregnant with her. And then, for the last year, I have continued to carry her with me almost everywhere I go. For almost the last two years Addison has been my life. Now someone else will be feeding her lunch, putting her down for her naps, and cuddling her when she cries. That's hard.
I guess every child / parent relationship goes through changes. This is just the first of many changes that our family will go through.
On thing is certain. Addison will always be my life. That will never change.

No comments: